Thread: We're always talking

Grand High Exalted Taser-Master

We're always talking

about our favorite eats, what are some foods you absolutely won't eat?

1) I don't like Kale or Swiss Chard. I'll eat virtually any kind of greens except these two....just don't like the taste
    2) I don't want any kind of brains. I figure if the Lord wanted me to have more brains he'd have given them to me. I'm not grossed out by them it's more of
    a texture thing, kinda like eating bland flavored toothpaste.

Foods I'll eat but waaaay down the list:
    A) Mexican food, don't hate it just don't love it.
    B) Cajun food.....see above

Top shelf foods:
    1) Sandwiches, love em all except a kale pork brain sandwich. Reubens are close to the bottom sandwich wise

Winner winner chicken dinner .....A good burger and fries with jalapeños and fries tops steak, brisket or anything else you care to throw at it.

Breakfast this morning was a fried Spam and cheese with mayo and mustard and it was excellent
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
    Albert Einstein

As most here know, there's not much I won't eat, but that doesn't mean I "like" everything. I'm with you on the kale and chard ... maybe texture is the problem as I feel like I'm eating sawgrass. I've had brains and also brains with eggs ... same deal, texture. Flavor was ok. Odd, I do NOT care much for Mexican food, but I should expound a bit. In Mexico, I LOVE the food. Here in the U.S. (like most ethnic restaurants) the food is not really authentic IMO. Example: WTF is TexMex? 'Nuf said. We do have a Mexican place here in town that we go to regularly. 99.99% of the times I've been there, I'm the only white boy in the place. I love their food, but if anyone ever suggests going out for "Mexican", I usually pass or request something else. It's no different with other ethnic foods, they tend to "Americanize" their shit ... I call in Frankensteined. I love it when I go to a sushi place here and see all sorts of sushi offerings with cream cheese ... or imitation krab ... or like the TexMex mentioned above ... a California roll! I could bitch forever on the subject. I avoid anyplace that says "Asian Fusion" on their signage. True Thai, Korean, Japanese, Vietnamese, etc, I'm all over it! Just don't try to con me with your yuppie crap thinking I won't know the difference.

What do I HATE and will I refuse to eat? I cannot stand bell peppers. The cooked yellow or red peppers mixed with other ingredients, I can handle if FORCED, but green, either cooked or raw ... I'd starve first. I can't even stand the smell of bell peppers. I once ordered a pizza that had no bell pepper on it, but it was cooked in the same oven with one covered in bell pepper. The damn smell and flavor crawled all over MY pizza and it became instant garbage can filler. A neighbor down the street can be cooking something with bell peppers and I'll TASTE them through the air.

I'm not real crazy about Brussels Sprouts, but can eat them if pressed.

Again, there's VERY little I won't eat, but some flavors and/or textures I'll avoid if possible. I will say, I will at least try most anything ... at least once. Picky eaters make me bonkers. I had a buddy in the military who constantly said, "I don't like that!". I'd ask him if he's ever tasted it and he'd say no. How does he know he doesn't like it unless it's a "visual" thing like goat's head or something?
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" - Mark Twain

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Bwana's Avatar
    I won't eat eggs, peas, fish, bananas, bell peppers, tree nuts, celery, or radishes but only because I am allergic to them. I've always had environmental allergies to things like animal dander, pollens, molds, grain dust, etc. but about the time I graduated high school I became allergic to things I had eaten my whole life. What I wouldn't give to be able to eat a couple of eggs over easy with toast for soaking up the yolk.

That being said, I am pretty hesitant to try anything questionable unless I KNOW what is in it. I have learned that folks will slip all sorts of extras in baked goods or soups, so I stay away from any of that for the most part.

My rule are simple.

1. No innards
    2. No tongues or buttholes
    3. Never eat anything bigger than your head

BKB
    Viva Renaldo!

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Chicken Dinner's Avatar
    Tongue isn’t bad especially in a taco. I’ve never eaten brain or chitlin’s at least to my knowledge and don’t plan to start. I have had sweet breads at a fancy French restaurant but wouldn’t necessarily eat it again. Cream corn, other than maybe mixing it into corn bread, serves no human purpose. Other than that, I’m game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Raoul Duke

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Big Skyz's Avatar
    I will just say ditto to Barry's list, plus add mint. I can't stand the taste or even the smell of mint.

Senior Member (too much time on their hands) Big Skyz's Avatar
    Kribbs, brussel sprouts taste like bad body odor smells. I can't get past that.

Quote Originally Posted by BarryBobPosthole View Post
    My rule are simple.

1. No innards
    2. No tongues or buttholes
    3. Never eat anything bigger than your head

BKB
    Regarding #3, I guess Jim could eat a whole buffalo butt, and still be within the limits.
    Last edited by Big Muddy; 05-20-2024 at 05:11 PM.
    Southern Gentleman

When I saw number three, I just figured I’d never have to worry about P-hole stealing my watermelon.

Jim, breaking rule #3 might befatal in your case.
    BKB
    Viva Renaldo!